Each survivor is assigned one main skill, akin to a character class. This skill can be improved through experience or training. The main player is an exception, as they can level up all five of their skills.
A survivor's non-main skills can't be levelled up, but they can be improved using equipment and perks.
Leading[edit | edit source]
Character's leadership and charisma. This skill affects:
- Chance of successfully recruiting new survivors.
- Better dialogue options with merchants and gang leaders
- Amount of happiness increase when the character is working in bars or churches
Defense (Soldier)[edit | edit source]
This is a bit of a misnomer, as it affects both attacking and defending. The effects are:
- Overall mission danger level reduction.
- Chance to successfully killing zombies, raid or attack other factions.
- Adds to the building's defense rating when the character is guarding buildings.
Scavenging[edit | edit source]
Character's knack for finding useful things. This skill affects:
- Finds more stuff faster in scavenging mission
- Produces more food when farming, hunting, or fishing
Building[edit | edit source]
Character's skill in building. The effects are:
- Builds, reclaims, and demolish faster
- Find more material when chopping wood
Engineering[edit | edit source]
Character's knowledge of various scientific disciplines. This skill affects:
- The speed at which research is completed
- The speed at which items are produces in a workshop