Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Roadmap[edit | edit source]
Rebuild: Gangs of Deadsville isn't done just yet! Here's a list of some of the stuff that will be added now that the game's been released on Steam Early Access.
- Campaign Mode, a progressive journey through a dozen cities of increasing size and difficulty
- Hundreds of new random events
- Longer multi-event plotlines for each faction
- Interactive zombie and faction attacks
- New zombie types and smarter, more dangerous faction raiders
- Survivor relationships & children
- Hundreds of new survivor faces and mix & match outfits
- Equipment that actually looks like what it says it is, along with a bunch more art
- A proper ending to the game, and some other secret ways to win
- Balancing and tweaking of every aspect of the game based on player feedback... including making Impossible actually impossible (or at least harder)
Status Updates[edit | edit source]
The best place to find all the most up-to-date Rebuild information is the official Rebuild forums, but here's a little history lesson of what we went through to get to where we are now.
- November 2012: Started collecting ideas for the new game.
- February 2013: Finished first design pass and started programming.
- April 2013: Hired Adam Meyer as an artist. Half of the game's base framework in place.
- May 2013: Started adding content (techs, events, factions, plots).
- September 2013: Added part time illustrator Sara Gross and writer Stephen Gray to the team.
- October 2013: Kickstarter campaign raised $40k. Soundtrack announced.
- November 2013: The game is now half finished, private alpha started.
- May 2014: A beta version of the game is released on Steam Early Access!